Are you a mobile user? If so how often do you find yourself starting your search for a business, product or service off your mobile device? When you think about it I bet it’s at least once per day.
From an outsiders perspective being in the same room as me you might think I’m stuck to my iPhone. But what is it I’m doing within this device that makes it look like its glued to my hand? The answer is EVERYTHING! I am able to do just about anything from a device the size of my palm; I am able to be more productive throughout the day. Whether its Email, Social Media Management, taking photos for Websites, Booking Plane Tickets or Chatting with Friends, my needs as a busy young male entrepreneur can all be looked after by one little device known as “iPhone” aka (My Life Line)
We as humans have become lazy and dependent on these little devices so much that currently 37% of all online shopping is done from a mobile device while in the presence of our own homes. By 2015 those numbers are expected to rise another 20%. That being said, my phone is not necessarily glued to my palm as it has actually become part of my hand! LOL
The stats you should know:
Think you don’t need a mobile-friendly website? Or maybe it’s just not a priority for your business? Are you still assuming that most people, or even just “your target audience”, are using desktops or laptops? Check these stats out and then tell me I’m crazy for preaching this message.
- There are over 1 billion smart phone users worldwide, with more than 90 million of those in the United States alone.
- 50% of all Smartphone users are between the age of 25-45…is this your target demographic?
- 84% of Smartphone users use their devices to search the web. (Interested in a mobile site yet?)
- 25% of all smartphone users don’t even own a personal desktop or laptop computer “this means every search they do is from a smartphone”
- This year, more than 50% of network devices will ship without a wired port (Morgan Stanley Market Trends).
- Since 2012 there has been a 48% year over year increase in tablets for enterprise.
If these don’t interest you in looking into mobilizing your website, then I’m sorry your doomed for online failure!
It’s getting harder and harder not only to keep people’s attention but also to get it in the first place. If your site is mobile friendly, you’ve got a better chance of doing both.
If you would like to share ideas or have any questions please feel free to comment and I’ll do my best to touch on the topic 🙂