Lets Talk SEO!
Lately we’ve been receiving several emails and calls asking about SEO (Search Engine Optimization) services and if we do it.
Now, without “giving away the farm”, I’d like to share with you some tips on good and great SEO tips that will help your local businesses website appear in the SERPs when someone is searching for your product or service in a specific city or region.
First, lets go over the basic definition…
SERP: Search Engine Results Page.
When someone ‘Searches’ for something on a ‘Search Engine’ like Google, Yahoo or Bing, the ‘Results’ that appear on the ‘Page’ are associated to the ‘Keywords” used in the persons search! Great SEO is having your website appear on the first page of a SERP.
Second, lets chat a little bit about On-Page SEO and Off-Page SEO and how practising these steps will help you achieve great SEO.
On page SEO is the optimization of a website’s content, tags, links, text, video, images and other important elements. Here’s a check list to consider when practising good on-page SEO and trying to rank for specific keywords within a specific city or region.
- Relevant keywords that are easily read
- Meta Description. & Title Tag
- ALT tags
- URL structure
- H1, H2 tags
- A fast loading page
- Image optimization
- Internal linking strategy
- Rich Content (Video too)
Off page SEO refers to specific technics or strategies to help increase the position of a websites SERPs. Link building and Search Engine Submission and blogging were popular in the past and are now part of a long list of technics in off-page SEO strategies. When proper off-page SEO is practised and implemented, you can expect an increase of your websites page ranking, more visibility within your SERPs and in turn more business as your potential clients will find you more often!
Here’s a short list of good Off-Page SEO practices.
- Reputation Management – Social Networking will help you grow your audience and increase online engagement.
- Blog! Share your tips and help others, you will gain trust and loyalty.
- Directory Submission – Its tedious work, and it works 😉 . Be sure to keep your “NAP” consistent (Business Name, Address & Phone Number)
- Link Building – Exchange web links to relevant businesses who you conduct business with. However, do not become a link farm.
To get the full list or to speak to us regarding your website and how to better optimize it give us a call.