Hello Gang! Hope your weekend is going well so far. Too bad about the weather we are having this weekend. I guess fall is officially here. As promised here is my next Blog on Facebook Business Pages.
Now that you know the difference between a profile and a business page and have created your Business Page, today I will show you how to Optimize it and Promote it.
Here are 5 Optimizing and Promoting Tips:
1. Get your Vanity URL. A vanity URL is a short URL that will help you direct people to your Facebook Page easier. So instead of Facebook.com/120492hfa;sdhadhmain+menus as a URL you can have Facebook.com/MainMenus. A lot easier to remember right? That way you can put the Vanity URL on all your other advertising directing to your page. For example your business cards or any print ads you may have.
To get your Vanity URL visit this link
2. Changing your cover photo. You can now have a Unique Cover photo to Spice up your business page and make it look a bit more visually appealing. Some people and businesses are getting really creative with theirs. Before you do though you might want to read over Facebook’s Terms
All covers are public. This means that anyone who visits your Page will be able to see your cover. Covers can’t be deceptive, misleading, or infringe on anyone else’s copyright. You may not encourage people to upload your cover to their personal timelines.
Covers may not include:
- price or purchase information, such as “40% off” or “Download it on socialmusic.com”;
- contact information such as a website address, email, mailing address, or information that should go in your Page’s “About” section;
- references to Facebook features or actions, such as “Like” or “Share” or an arrow pointing from the cover photo to any of these features; or
- calls to action, such as “Get it now” or “Tell your friends.”
Here’s how to change yours
A) Hover your curser over the far right area of the top of your Business Page
B) “Change Cover” Button Should Pop Up
C) From here you can either choose a photo that has been uploaded or upload one from your computer
3. Edit your “About” info, if you click on the “About” link.
You will be taken to a page where you can add your Website Address, Contact info and you can do a write up of your company. Just hover over the area you want to edit and a “Edit” button will pop up.
4. Adding Widgets and Buttons, these will enhance the Fan’s experience when visiting your page, for example. If you’re a restaurant you might want to add a menu widget there so you can add your menu to the page. Other ideas would be to add deals here, your YouTube Videos etc.
A) To the right of the “About” section you will see a little arrow pointing down.
B) Click on that arrow and it will give you a drop down with options
5. Share with your friends and family. Sharing is caring so why not share your page! At the top of the page there is a “Build Audience” Button Click that and you will have the option to send emails out to a list, invite your friends, share the page or create an add.
There are tons of other ways to Promote, Optimize and Share your Facebook page, these are my top 5. What about you? What’s your most important? Comment below