We are a full-service internet marketing firm that specializes in web design, PPC, social media and SEO marketing for over 100 clients. We are now based out of Gastown in Vancouver and are seeking a highly motivated and skilled SEO expert to help our clients get better results on search engines. We are happy to offer flexible work from home options, but you will also be able to work at our Gastown office when necessary and join us for a beer on Fridays at one of the many great bars in the area!
Compensation and Duration
Compensation will be Competitive depending on past work experience, and includes an excellent benefits package. The position we are looking to fill will initially be part time, eventually leading to full-time employment.
This job will require a responsible person who can stay on top of their duties for each of our clients. The main focus of the job will be based around making regular reports for our clients which will include:
• Recommendations for improvements to speed and conversion and the implementation of those recommendations
• Setting up Google Analytics (Google Tag Manager, goal setting, events/custom variables in GTM, funnels and filters)
• Performing technical audits for new clients
• WordPress updates
• Setting up Google Plus (Google local)
• Creating backlinks
• Verifying social media accounts (this includes setting up and creating accounts for new clients)
• Attending client/corporate meetings in person or via Google Hangout or Skype.
• Responsible time management is a must
We are seeking a person who has experience working as a part of a marketing team as a SEO specialist or consultant, and who is familiar and comfortable working with the following programs related to SEO:
• Google Analytics
• Search Console
• Google Tag Manager
• Microsoft Office
• Yoast SEO plugin
In addition to having real work experience with these programs, the following skills will also be a great asset for any candidate:
• Prior experience working as a SEO Specialist in a Marketing/Advertising Agency
• Experience in auditing client’s websites and generating comprehensive reports that allow us to undertake tasks to improve the site.
• A skilled approach to White Hat SEO to help clients communicate directly with a human audience with their marketing strategy
• A detailed understanding of schema markup and how to create effective vocabulary for semantic SEO
• Expertise in Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
• Experience with local SEO, keyword strategy and the content marketing that is directly informed by keyword strategies.
• Eagerness and ability to learn and apply new skills to better serve our clients and help keep our firm on the cutting edge of SEO marketing strategies.
We are seeking a candidate who has received their Google Analytics Certification by passing all of Google’s IQ (Individual Qualification) exams online. In addition to this certification, any post-secondary education will be an asset, particularly in marketing and web design.
Candidates who demonstrate experience and skills in any of the following areas in addition to the requirements listed above will be highly sought after:
• Web design
• Adobe Photoshop – infographic experience
• PPC Management – Google, Bing, Facebook, etc
• Google Partner certified
• Hootsuite partner
• International SEO
• cPanel / WHM
If you are interested in becoming our SEO expert, don’t hesitate to contact us and provide us with a resume, cover letter and a portfolio showing some of your past work. We look forward to hearing from you, and perhaps getting you started on a great career in SEO marketing with us.